So before wie dive into the deep end of topics, like why you should definitely book an engagement shooting and what is so lovely about having photos of the getting ready process, I just wanted to throw a thought out there. I assume that since the last installment you thought a little about what you want your wedding to look like, what styles you love and maybe you even already have an idea where you want to get married. Awesome! Today I would like to share another option with you, that maybe hasn’t fully arrived in the wedding blog realm yet. I am talking about having a ‘Green Wedding’.
You see all that decorating, all those flowers, confetti and guest give-aways,… it’s all really pretty and definitely has it’s validity on a wedding day, but it’s indisputable that most of it gets thrown out on the next day, which seems like such a waste.
So I’ve summed up a few bullet points on what you can do if you don’t want to produce a ton of waste (and save money while at it) at your wedding.
- Throw petals instead of confetti or soap bubbles
- Decorate with herbs instead of pricey exotic flowers
- Have those herbs function simultaneously as give-away for your guests
- Serve your wedding cake in the afternoon! If you serve it after dinner, chances are it won’t get eaten and you have to throw half of it away
- Think about sourcing your flower decoration from your own garden or talk to your florist about renting it. (Succulents for example don’t have to be thrown away if they stay in their pot…)
- Instead of paper place cards use leaves or cards made of recycled paper
- If you are serving cocktails, use paper straws (very cute ones available here)
- Consider renting the decor for your wedding instead of buying it
These are just a couple of bullet points but really, if you take a little time to think about it, you’ll find that there are plenty of instances, in which you can make a greener choice. If you are interested, I’ve created a Pinterest board solely dedicated to the idea of a green wedding. You can sneak a peek here.
Fancy some more?
If you would like to stay up to date about what’s going on, be among the first to know about upcoming specials and new services, as well as receive some nice and uplifting words every now and then, please simply let me know your e-mail address in the field below. You can expect a little note in your inbox every other week (well that’s the plan anyway 😉 ). I’ll keep it sweet and short an I solemnly promise to never spam you! 🙂